International & Foreign Policy Studies
International and Foreign Policy Studies is designed to help you prepare for professional participation in foreign affairs through practical experience and thorough knowledge of American policy-making systems and processes. You will explore contemporary debates in US foreign policy and meet with professionals engaging in those debates.
After taking the course, you will have:
- Learned the key historical events and major trends in US foreign policy;
- Learned the major theories and concepts of international politics and foreign policy studies;
- Engaged with the key debates in contemporary US foreign policy and international politics;
- Analyzed the process and practice of US foreign policy formulation and implementation;
- Developed analytical skills needed to assess and articulate contemporary foreign policy challenges facing the US.