For faculty and Administrators
For more than two decades, colleges and universities around the world have partnered with the Washington Internship Institute to provide exceptional learning experiences for their students.
At the Washington Internship Institute, we seek to create a knowledge community. Our academic internship program features:
- substantive internships (32 hours per week) in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and for-profit companies
- challenging academic coursework (the internship seminar and the core course, policy-oriented seminar)
- co-curricular activities
- convenient housing, and
- guidance and support from WII’s staff.
For additional information including sample credit and billing arrangements, please download our Campus Handbook.
Although the Washington Internship Institute accepts students from unaffiliated schools, we encourage your campus to affiliate with us by completing an Institutional Partnership Agreement outlining the working relationship between WII and your campus.
There is no partnership fee.
Partnering with the Washington Internship Institute provides two major benefits:
1. The partnership establishes the framework for your students’ participation in our program, creating consistency and preventing your campus from reinventing the wheel each time a student participates in the program.
2. The partnership permits your campus to publicize the Washington Internship Institute experience as its own internship program in Washington, DC.
We value the opportunity to be your school’s program in the nation’s capital.
The Washington Internship Institute offers immersion seminars that consist of tours, site visits, and guest lectures in Washington, DC for a period of one to two weeks.
We have custom-designed immersion seminars at the request of universities. Past topics have included “Education in the U.S.” for teacher education students from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden and “We the People” for Chinese exchange students at the State University of New York.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your students. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (202) 833-8580.