For Colleges & Universities
For more than two decades, colleges and universities around the world have partnered with the Washington Internship Institute to provide exceptional learning experiences for their students.
At WII, we seek to create a knowledge community. Our academic internship program features:
- an emphasis on public service, leadership and professional development
- several academic tracks from which students can choose
- substantive internships (32 hours per week) in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and for-profit companies
- challenging academic coursework (the internship seminar and a core course based on the student’s track)
- co-curricular activities including networking and mentoring opportunities, community service projects, and events with distinguished guest speakers
- convenient housing and
- guidance and support from WII’s staff.
For additional information including sample credit and billing arrangements, please download a copy of WII's Campus Handbook (PDF).
Although WII accepts students from unaffiliated schools, we encourage your campus to affiliate with WII by completing an Institutional Partnership Agreement outlining the working relationship between WII and your campus.
There is no affiliation fee.
Affiliation provides two major benefits:
1. Affiliation establishes the framework for your students’ participation in WII’s program, creating consistency and preventing your campus from reinventing the wheel each time a student participates in the program.
2. Affiliation permits your campus to publicize the WII experience as its own internship program in Washington, DC.
We value the opportunity to be your school’s program in the nation’s capital!
WII offers immersion seminars that consist of tours, site visits, and guest lectures in Washington, DC for a period of one to two weeks.
WII has custom-designed immersion seminars at the request of universities. Past topics have included “Education in the U.S.” for teacher education students from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden and “We the People” for Chinese exchange students at the State University of New York.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your students. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (202) 833-8580.